Evolution Recovery and Wellness LLC
Humans are designed for evolution – the process of continual change to a better and higher state and progressive development.
I am passionate about the opportunity to work with clients to overcome life’s challenges and empower them to become the people they were meant to be! I have been working in the field for over 10 years. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor in Arizona as well as a Arizona Board of Behavioral Health approved Clinical Supervisor. I am also a Nationally Certified Counselor and a Board Certified Telemental Health Provider. I received my Masters of Professional Counseling and Masters of Addiction Counseling from Grand Canyon University.
I work with each client to create an individualized and tailored plan and process. Treatment approaches I find most helpful include:
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – an evidence based approach focused on mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal relationships.
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – an evidence based approach focused on identifying ineffective patterns of thinking and acting to challenge “thinking errors” and improve emotions and behavior.
• Motivational Interviewing – an evidence based approach focused on fostering and reinforcing behavior change.
• Narrative Therapy – a psychotherapy approach focused on using the power of storytelling to help clients disengage their identities from their stories. Patterns of thought, emotions, beliefs, and identity are explored in addition to acquiring necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Thought Field Therapy – an evidence based approach addressing fear, pain, and negative emotions and behaviors by using specific sequences of tapping on energy meridian lines. Clients focus attention on a feeling associated with the identified issue and then are given an algorithm specific to the problem.
The role of counseling and psychotherapy in an integrated healthcare model provides a safe environment through a trusting and collaborative therapeutic relationship to recover from emotional conditions and develop empowerment and skills to improve emotional and physical health and live a meaningful, content, and fulfilled life.
Addressing the root of most emotional conditions lies most often in resolving traumatic experiences and managing life stressors more effectively. Constant exposure to chronic stress results in numerous physical health issues as well as chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, psychosis, mood disorders, and cognitive impairment (memory loss and diminished ability to think, learn, and concentrate.) Similarly, traumatic experiences often underlie many long term physical health conditions. In addition, unresolved trauma can develop into detrimental coping mechanisms, cognitive dysfunction, long term changes to mood, behavior, relationships, and self-concept, intrusive memories, flashbacks and nightmares, physical and emotional distress, anxiety and panic attacks, memory loss, negative thoughts about self and others, diminished self-esteem, self-blame, loss of motivation and interest, isolation, inability to feelgood, and mental exhaustion.
The core issues are addressed by first identifying and acknowledging them, gaining a better understanding of their impact, and then reprogramming the mind and learning coping skills to better navigate life’s challenges.
Active awareness of thinking habits allows for change that results in increased emotional and physical well-being. Every thought creates an electrical and chemical reaction that not only affects the brain, but interacts with every cell in the body, even activating or de-activating genes in DNA.
Issues and Areas of Treatment:
• Trauma and Trauma Related Disorders
• Chronic Stress and Stress Management
• Addiction and Substance Abuse
• Depression and Mood Disorders
• Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Phobias
• Shame, Guilt, and Anger
• Self-Esteem and Confidence
• Relationship Issues, Health Boundaries, and Communication Skills
• Life Transitions
• Personal and Spiritual Growth
• Overcoming Barriers to Achieve Goals
• Identifying Blocks to Healing, Lifestyle Analysis, and Referral to Other Providers if Indicated
• Telemental Health (by HIPAA complaint video, if desired)