EVERY birth can be a beautiful experience with the right support.
MY BIRTH PHILOSOPHY
It's YOUR birth.
My personal experiences, my ideas, and my training make it clear to me...this birth yours to lead, and mine to follow. We will work together to make a plan that feels just right to you. As a parent, I have experienced midwife and OB birth, vaginal and cesarean birth-- both emergency and planned. And they have all been incredibly rewarding. There are so many things that can make the birth you have be an empowering one:
- having the undivided attention and focus of someone who is able to help ease fear and pain during labor;
- knowing that you have been heard, understood, and well-supported by your caregivers; and
- being well-informed about your options and having the time and space to make decisions that feel right for you.
It doesn't matter to me what type of birth you're intending to have--I am happy to help support anything from vaginal birth with no pain medication to a planned cesarean birth and everything in between. My job is to find ways to support you, whatever your desires. And, if you're not sure what you want, we can work together to figure that out, too.
MY POSTPARTUM PHILOSOPHY
It's YOUR family.
Just as with birth, YOU are the leader in this process. Only your family can decide what will work best for your life and your situation. As a postpartum doula, I have deep background and wide skill set that can help you discern what might work best from among the myriad of options available for EVERY choice: from how, what, and when to feed, to how and when to sleep, etc.--including putting different pieces together to create a custom approach for your custom family. From the basics of baby care to the (occasional) chaos of incorporating a whole new person into your world, I will be there to support, nurture, and educate your family during the fourth trimester. Things that can make an enormous difference during this time of transition include:
- a listening ear and non-judgemental support as you navigate these new, occasionally rough, waters;
- a spare pair of hands to provide respite and practical household support;
- a trained set of eyes to assess the ongoing needs of any and all family members; and
- encouragement and validation as you begin to walk this new path.
Each new baby, be it the first or fourth, brings a beautiful new and unknown into a family. I find it an enormous privilege to be able to help a family find whatever tools they need to successfully embark on their newest adventure.