Helping people of all ages sleep better and feel better.
Marsha Robertson, OTR/L Feldenkrais® Practitioner
Bones for Life™ teacher Sounder Sleep™ teacher in training
Anat Baniel Method™ practitioner for children, Anti-aging, High Performers
My work helps people of all ages achieve better flexibility and strength, acquire new skills and refinement of current skills.
By moving, touching and communicating in ways that bring attention to current movement habits, I facilitate my client’s ability to acquire new and better patterns of moving and thinking. Pain and stiffness can be reduced and new connections are actually formed in the brain. These new connections provide important information that allows for healing from injuries, prevention of injury and improved performance. Also, infants and children achieve higher developmental milestones.
All of my work is based on the understanding that:
• Our brain organizes all movement including movement of the skeleton and muscles through space, movement of thinking, emotions and feelings.
• Movement provides information the brain needs to grow and organize itself to develop new patterns, and heal.
• Specific conditions are needed in order for our brain to wake up and grow past limitations. Changes can be quick and immediately impact how we feel and perform.
SERVICES are provided as an individual session, in class format, and in special situations in the home setting. Receipts provided on request for medical expense records for tax purposes.
• In Individual sessions the student lies on a firm table, sits or stands with focus on different functions and movement skills. Clients note increased flexibility, strength, pain relief, acquisition of new skills, and refinement of current skills, vitality and well-being.
• In classes, students are verbally guided through sequences of gentle movements designed to develop a greater awareness of how one moves, expand options for new ways of moving while increasing sensitivity and improving efficiency.
Background includes Occupational Therapy, 4 year professional Feldenkrais® training with Anat Baniel; Anat Baniel Method™ for children, anti-aging, and high performers ; Bones for Life ™ with Ruthy Alon, Master Feldenkrais trainer, and founder of Bones for Life™; Teacher in training in the Sounder Sleep System® with Michal Krugman, Feldenkrais practitioner.