Derek Opperman has no reviews yet! Be the first to leave a review!
Oh, thanks for asking!
- Personal Trainer.
- Integrative Health Practitioner.
- 10 Years experience.
- I run a private wellness/gym studio in Hollywood for people who want to see me in person for coaching or training.
- I run an online wellness/gym platform for those who don't.
- I use behavioral tracking software with my clients to set up and achieve goals, and provide monthly performance reviews so we both know how the process is coming. It works if you work it!
- I fit clients' entire healthy lifestyle program onto one sheet of paper (because who has time for a folder of notes?).
- I aim to cultivate balance and mastery of the basics, and work with clients to overcome any mental blocks that are sabotaging the process.
- Forever a student; I am never done learning.
- I love to lift weights, run, read health & self-development books (when my daughter lets me).
- I obsessively track my own behaviors, from skin care to alcohol intake.
- (Before Covid) I love hosting parties and get togethers; a natural extrovert who gets nourishment from connection (When I was 19 I threw a party for 100+ people at my parents house when they weren't home..that was probably too much nourishment).
To be honest, my personal insecurities drew me to it. I think my head is too big for my body, I don't like the thought of not doing my best in any realm, and put immense pressure on myself to look good and 'do it right'..
After becoming certified, I realized I was far from alone, and most people just want to feel self-love and love from others, and are coming to me to heal/work on that spot.
It is the highest honor to be a small part of someones transformation when they look in the mirror and go 'Wow, I never thought I could have this.'
Client: 'It was really easy. I filled out an intake form before scheduling my first session on his website. We talked for 20 minutes about my current symptoms and desired goals, he explained pricing and commitment without being sales-y, and I signed up for a six month plan. I felt really held and supported through the entire process and am excited to get started this week.'
You know what you know.
You know what you don't know.
But the gold is in discovering
What You don't know that you don't know..