COME FOR THE PAIN-RELIEF, STAY FOR THE SELF-DISCOVERY
"Come for the Pain-Relief; Stay for the Self-Discovery."
Hi! I'm Joseph Arnold, Alexander Technique teacher. I help people with:
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- *That spot* in your shoulders
- Overuse injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Excess muscle tension and stiffness
- Weakness, numbness, tingling
- And many more...
- Postural and ergonomic issues
- Balance and fluidity of movement
What makes the Alexander Technique unique is that it focuses on the real cause of these issues: your body's habits of holding excess tension.
It's only when you change these habits that you'll get lasting relief from musculoskeletal pain. Otherwise, it'll just keep coming back, no matter what you do.
I also specialize in helping musicians and other performing artists with their specialized challenges:
- Musician's injuries (RSI's, back pain, weakness, numbness, tingling, etc.)
- Performance anxiety
- Sound quality and musicianship issues related to body use
- Stress and injuries related to demanding performance and practice schedules
You may be surprised to learn that all the problems listed above can be helped by changing just one thing - how you use your body.
When you tune into your body and learn to move more freely you will be more empowered to relieve pain and stress.
What's more, you will begin to discover new levels of self-awareness, acceptance, and freedom.
In an Alexander Technique lesson you will learn:
- How to release muscle tension during daily activities
- How to improve your posture and coordination
- Practical techniques for self-care and pain-relief
- How tension in one part of your body affects other parts, and what to do about it
- A set of experiential tools for changing your body's habits of holding excess tension
- Best practices for sitting, standing, walking, and working so you can do so comfortably, fluidly and efficiently
For more information and free videos on the Alexander Technique, visit: