Oxygen utilization is the single most important predictor of your risk for degenerative disease and premature aging, and what, exactly, is oxygen utitlization? It is the efficiency by which your body uses the oxygen that you take into your body. If only it was as simple as breathing, but it's not. There are numerous modern society stressors that compromise the way that you metabolize the available oxygen in your body. Factors include inadequate nutrition, toxicity, drugs, hormone deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, injuries, infections, decreased fitness and impairied circulation. All of these modern day stressors equate to decreased mitochondrial function, a term more commonly known as cellular energy. Your oxygen utilization is a direct indicator of how well your mitochondria are functioning. So what can be done?
Let's look at some of the benefits of ozone therapy:
1. Ozone increases the delivery of oxygen to the cells.
2. Ozone increases oxygen utilization.
3. Ozone stimulates cytokine function, which are molecules responsible for regulating our immune response.
4. Ozone increases nitric oxide production, a gas present in the body that increases blood flow, ensures heart and circulatory health and optimal sexual function.
5. Ozone stimulates detoxification. As we age, our bodies become less capable of detoxification, resulting in toxic buildup. Over time, we become our own little toxic waste dumps via a lifetime accumulation of medications, heavy metals and environmental chemicals.