Hey friend, if you are like me and many of my clients you have heard of PCOS (polycyctic ovarian syndrom) and you may even be suffering from it. It is the leading cause of unexplained infertility eventhough most women don't even know they have it. That's right 1 in 10 women have this syndrom but most don't realize it until it starts affecting their fertility. That's because many of the side affects can be brushed off as being caused by normal aging. Gaining weight, I did have a doughnut yesterday. Weird facial hair, well I am getting older. Acne, my hormones are acting up again. What makes this even more furusterating is that there are no tests for it. Most doctors can guess that you have this condition but its really hard to pinpoint because the symptoms can manifest as so many different things.
This is the reason I am so passionate about helping women with this condition because I don't want another woman to suffer. In my practice I focus on helping my clients switch their diets to a whole foods diet that is intensional in reversing their PCOS symptoms and balancing their hormones so their symptoms go away and they put their bodies into the optimal state for conception.
The tips below are the ones I start every client on. These tips helped me to reverse my infertility and I hope they will do the same for you.
- Eat low Glycemic Index carbohydrates such as vegetables and whole grains and avoid refined carbs and processed foods.
- Keep your blood sugar stable with a daily schedule of meals and snacks every three to five hours and eat based on the magic plate.
- Eat at least five servings a day of vegetables including two servings of leafy greens
- Have a daily serving of legumes like black beans or lentils.
- Enjoy grass or pasture fed meat up to three times a week
- Eat at least three daily servings of fruits like berries, which have a lower glycemic impact. Each serving of fruit should be enjoyed as part of a meal or with a protein.
- Limit or eliminate milk and dairy as these can aggravate internal dampness
- Pay careful attention to portion sizes in order to moderate glucose load and minimize insulin resistance
- Add one or two Tbsp of cinnamon on cereal each morning to help decrease insulin resistance.
- Include prebiotic and probiotic foods which promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract.
I know change is hard but without change we don't grow and without growing we don't change. If you want to start to reverse your PCOS and put your body into the optimal state for conception then start making these small changes today. If this list feels overwhelming then just start with 1-2 steps and build from there. I promise with these simple action steps you will start to reverse your PCOS and you will put yourself one step closer to the baby and family you so desire.
To help you get started with some delicious recipes I want to gift you with 2 of my most popular cookbooks and masterclass. These cookbooks were written from the heart and have tons of delicious recipes that you can start making today that are delicious and nutritios. Visit www.hormonepuzzle.com to claim your gifts today.
Love and health,