Ok sister, it's time for a heart to heart. First of all, my goal with everything I teach you is that it will help you feel more empowered about your fertility journey and to remind you that you don't have to cling on to wishes and hopes as your main source of motivation to keep going.
So, here's my plea to all you beautiful women going through the struggle right now: enough with the medications that force your body to ovulate, arguing with your husband about why he has to perform tonight because you only have 12 hours before your precious egg is gone for good (oh so romantic, right?), and the daily emotional rollercoasters of "yes, I can do this" and an hour later "this is never going to happen for me".
Do you want some kind of insurance; a fool-proof way of knowing that you WILL get pregnant and you WILL have that baby that you desire?
Great, I'm going to show you how you can have all of that (with added benefits).
Take control of your own fertility and Get Pregnant NOW!
Whether you think I'm crazy or are just a little (or a lot) skeptical about what I'm saying, then that might be your sign that you should probably pay attention to the rest of this article where I'm going to give you all of my secrets to fueling your fertility and having that burning baby-making-fire raging inside you once again.
Optimizing your health is the most important part of regaining your natural fertility, having regular (read: predictable, on-time and juicy) cycles and ensuring your body is ovulating consistently.
Fun Fact: Just because you've had a "period" doesn't mean you've ovulated.
Yes, it is possible to build up that lining in your uterus even if you aren't ovulating because that process is driven by more than just the hormones that your follicles are producing. So, you may be taking pregnancy tests thinking there's a chance you could be pregnant this time, but unless you've had a positive LH test (and hopefully a few other signs you've ovulated have shown up as well), then you may be getting yourself excited based purely on hopes and wishes.
Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh - but we're not here to focus on what you can't change, we're here to make sure you end up with a baby in your arms, so let's do this shall we?
First, I want to give you a little bit of background on the biggest things that affect your fertility (whether you're aiming to get pregnant naturally or with ART), so you begin to understand some of the mechanisms as to why you have had trouble getting pregnant in the past - and how it is possible for you to regain your natural fertility.
Common Infertility Factors
Surprise! Most often you have massive control in either healing from or prevention of these common infertility factors (as long as you are aware of them).
Steroid Sex Hormone Imbalance
Poor Overall Health
Poor Nutritional Status
Chronic High Stress
Structural Abnormalities in the Reproductive Organs
Environmental Chemical Exposure
As you can see, there are many factors that can affect your fertility. It could just be one of these factors that are making it hard for you to conceive, or it could be many - each of us is different.
So, how do you optimize your health so you can get pregnant now?
Follow these simple steps to start increasing your fertility potential TODAY.
- Eat Real Food. Simple to say but oh so hard to do, right? Most humans these days have some sort of issue when it comes to eating healthy. From emotional binge eating to simply not knowing what foods are considered "healthy" anymore. So, to make it easy - just make it your goal to eat real food. Not food from packages, not food that's been processed to look like real food, not food that comes from a restaurant (even if it's claimed to be "homemade"). Eat food that has to be grown - fruit, vegetables, lean meats, nuts and grains (in moderation and as tolerated). Give your taste buds a break from the hyper stimulating chemical flavorings and additives and I promise you that real food will start to taste MUCH better. Your digestion will begin to regulate. Your moods will stabilize because your blood sugar will not be on a rollercoaster ride any longer. You'll shed excess weight without even trying. Your hormones will be happier and you will be on your way to regaining your fertility.
- Ditch the chemicals. Environmental chemical exposure is hurting our bodies in more ways than one. Incidents of cancer, birth defects and infertility are some of the hardest hitting effects of environmental chemical exposure and we need to make it a priority to detox our bodies by reducing our exposure as much as possible. Doing this takes commitment - choosing natural and organic foods, household cleaners, laundry detergents and personal care products will make a marked difference in the toxin load your body has to contend with. Plus, your hormones will be much happier :)
- Move your body. Yes, it's another one of those things that we just don't have time for. Plus, we're already exhausted from cramming our day to the brim with things to do, places to go and people to see. But what if moving your body could increase blood flow to your reproductive organs, help detox those icky chemicals and promote regular menstrual cycles? Yes, it does all those things and more! Even if you can only fit in 30 minutes of movement, some is always better than none. And don't feel like you have to hit the gym every time either. Simple stretching, gentle yoga or a body weight workout at home is just as good as a slow jog on the treadmill. It doesn't matter what you choose, just move your body.
- Test, don't guess. That's my motto when working with my one on one clients. Reversing infertility is serious business - and the faster you can get to the root cause of why you can't get pregnant, the faster you can make changes so that you can get pregnant. I've helped women who have spent thousands on failed IVF treatments get pregnant in less than 6 months by working with me - and targeted lab testing is how we do it. This is also where the technicalities come in though, since we are all different in how our body is functioning at this very moment. I use my client's current and past medical history, their goals (of course the ultimate goal is to have a baby, but your goal to get there would be to regulate your cycles, ovulate on your own, balance your hormones, etc.) and a series of questions that help me determine which lab tests would be most beneficial for them (meaning which lab tests give us the most information to help us resolve the root causes of infertility so they can get pregnant NOW). So, as much as I'd love to give you specific advice about lab testing, it's one of those things that working with a trusted healthcare professional needs to help you with, otherwise you'll likely be wasting your time and money on tests that don't mean much for the fertility issues.
- Supplement vital nutrients. Vitamins and minerals that keep the body functioning properly, including those that are in high demand during pregnancy and especially to aid in the rapid cell division and development of vital organs such as the placenta during the first stage of pregnancy. I would consider tossing any prenatal vitamin that isn't professional or pharmaceutical grade and investing one of much higher quality, that will actually be beneficial and useable by your body. Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Costco, etc. does not sell prenatal vitamins that I would consider high enough quality to take myself or to recommend to my clients. You will find them locally at Whole Foods, PCC, any natural food co-op or on Amazon. My favorite website to order high quality vitamins is from FullScript.com (this link is to my practitioner dispensary where you can find my favorite professional-grade products for fertility that I recommend to my clients).
Work with a knowledgable and trusted healthcare professional. This is a touchy subject for some because you may feel like you've already done that - and got nothing but increased anxiety and a lot less cash in your savings account, but I want you to hear me out because not all healthcare professionals are the same. I want you to do your homework, interview people, and find out who you relate to best, someone you know you can trust to give you real information about your body (this is oh so important and oh so empowering!) and someone who is willing to dig and investigate every possible cause for your inability to get pregnant - and most importantly someone who is able to help you overcome it.
For those of you who need help figuring out where to start and who to start with, I have lots of contacts depending on what you're looking for and where you want to go. Some of you may want to work with an IVF clinic - I know many of the fertility doctors in the greater Seattle area; some of you may have heard about and want to try acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and I'm fortunate to know some amazing people who do both of those things for women seeking fertility help just like you; and my own fertility coaching services are more for women who have struggled with failed IVF in the past, are not wanting to take the risk that IVF won't work or even those who are currently working with an IVF doctor and are looking for deeper answers to why their body is having problems and how they can fix it to regain their natural fertility again using basic foundational principles to health as well as targeted lab testing and supplement recommendations to pinpoint and remedy the root cause.
If you're ready to start working towards optimizing your health so you can have the baby you desire, then take action right now with any questions that you need answered or request a referral from my network at [email protected].
Until next time, stay strong and keep going beautiful friend!